Sunday, July 1, 2007

Camp Two

Well, the campers are arriving for the second camp as I speak. It seems like this camp is going to be a lot different. Last camp we had one-hundred and fifty-five nine to eleven-year-olds, whereas here we're having sixty Jr. Highers. Also, 4 of us will be following a group, with one of us dedicating a whole day each day of the week at the canoe site. Finally, I'm playing drums for the music this week, but I still can't find one part of the set. I'm actually waiting right now for Doni, who is this week's camp director and also a drummer, to see what we can possibly rig to get a working drumset.

The weather has gotten very cool lately, and I'm actually a big fan of it. It's been pretty cloudy, which was helpful yesterday, because we went on a hike probably half the way to Greece. We had heard there was a big waterfall somewhere out in the mountains, so the team minus Kurt (who was feeling sick--he's better now) went out with Kate and her dog Elliot to find it. We didn't find the waterfall we were looking for, but we had a good time getting outside and hiking. It felt good to really use my legs here. We got a little rain on the way back, and we're getting a little now, but it's not bad at all. Mostly, I'm just happy that it's gotten very cool at night time; It makes sleeping a whole lot easier for me. We had some irregularly hot weather the first week we were here and I was afraid that's how it would be all summer long.

There's a plan to play soccer tonight, though I don't know if I'll be at the camp for music, but either way I think I'll have fun.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Alex,

Sounds good, how are your drumming skills?

We checked out the new iPhone...it looks pretty cool! They were sold out, but we got to play with the "floor model". Hopefully they'll have all the bugs worked out before you get home, and think you need one!

Love, Mom

Krasimir Todor said...

Thank to Mr. Benjamin for helping me acquire my VA Mortgage loan. It was great receiving my loan of $900,000 USD from this loan lender. My name is Krasimir Todor am Belgian. I got my loan from this reputable loan lender on the 20th of November 2019 and I want to quickly use this medium to tell everyone here that you can acquire any loan from this credible loan company. A VA loan lender is not easy to come by and it must be recommended by the Department of Veteran Affairs. Mr Benjamin will give you loans at low-interest rates of 2% rate and very fast. Get your loans at Email: 247officedept@gmail.com or on Whatsapp number: + 1-989-394-3740